• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

POST YOUR BIO AND CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBT HERE !!!!

Reaction score
sure :)
Well...this is bcoz there are more purple fruit than yellow fruit...if you count them they are approx in the ratio 3:1
how can you get this ratio? by crossing 2 Heterozygous plants...i.e Pp x Pp

if still did not understand...feel free to ask :)

Ah all right, it makes sense if you think about the ratio.
Thanks a ton.

Reaction score
i think the answer is B...
well what you have to do is write a combustion equation for the reaction (in order to find the answer you need to write for all...but as far as i 'remember' i think the answer is B so i will write only for it :p) if you want me to write for all...you surely can ask :)

balance this equation...

C6H9OH + 8O2 --------> 6CO2 + 5H2O

for one molecule of C6H9OH you need 8 molecules of Oxygen...

any doubt? :)

Reaction score
Assailam alaikum wr wb
I can help . You write a regular reaction with oxygen with all the organics available with oxygen were the ratio has to be 1 to 8 for the organic compound . For example X(organic compound ) + 802 - co2 + h20 ( balanced correctly ). You do this with all the organic compounds available . in B it will be the most suitable since C6H9OH + 802 -> 6co2 + 5H2o You just balance the products since the reactants are already balanced a 1:8 ratio (reactants ) , so B is the most suitable . That's what I believe . Make sense .....?

Reaction score
i think the answer is B...
well what you have to do is write a combustion equation for the reaction (in order to find the answer you need to write for all...but as far as i 'remember' i think the answer is B so i will write only for it :p) if you want me to write for all...you surely can ask :)

balance this equation...

C6H9OH + 8O2 --------> 6CO2 + 5H2O

for one molecule of C6H9OH you need 8 molecules of Oxygen...

any doubt? :)
you did it like mines .

Reaction score
CAN ANYONE PLZ EXPLAIN ME THE REASON TO THIS QUESTION !!! THANKS IN ADVANCE :):):)

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
CAN ANYONE PLZ EXPLAIN ME THE REASON TO THIS QUESTION !!! THANKS IN ADVANCE :):):)

View attachment 12409
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb...
first we filter the solution to remove the excess copper (II) oxide...
then we concentrate the resulting solution...concentrating it means heating it to crystallization point!
then we filter and wash the residue to obtain a pure sample!

these are basically the steps for crystallizing...

Reaction score
By looking at the graph you should be able to tell that the rate of reaction Q was faster then P.
So take a look at your options, it can't be that a catalyst was added in P as that would make P faster.
Temperature would also increase the rate of reaction P so B) is also not correct.
If bigger marble chips were used in Q, then the surface area would be less causing it to be SLOWER then P, so C) isn't correct.
D) says that Q was more concentrated which makes sense, as the rate of reaction increases with concentration.

Hope I helped x)
Thank u so much!! :)
May Allah bless you with A* in all of the subjects....thank u so much once again!! =D

Reaction score
Chemistry, W07Q11 .. I dont get it :S
Assailam alaikum wr wb
I can help . You write a regular reaction with oxygen with all the organics available with oxygen were the ratio has to be 1 to 8 for the organic compound . For example X(organic compound ) + 802 - co2 + h20 ( balanced correctly ). You do this with all the organic compounds available . in B it will be the most suitable since C6H9OH + 802 -> 6co2 + 5H2o You just balance the products since the reactants are already balanced a 1:8 ratio (reactants ) , so B is the most suitable . That's what I believe . Make sense .....?

Reaction score
Assailam alaikum wr wb
Yes thanks very much :)

Reaction score

View attachment 12409
you should not heat the crystals as they are very delicate and they break easily..also the water will be evaporated from it so "heat the crystals" is point 3..and as u see in the choices A,B and C they all have the number 3..so none of them and the answer will be D..

Reaction score
Hey guys.. please help me with this question.. I don't get it!

Jw7P0.jpg

Reaction score
Hey guys.. please help me with this question.. I don't get it!

Jw7P0.jpg
This ques is already done above:) ill copy paste
Alright ..
lets take any element fron grp 0 according to student 2
eg : I take Argon , question says that Atom X (eg: Argon) has 8 more elctrons than Atom Y
The proton number of Argon is 18 which is equal to the number of electron
So, subtract 18-8=10 and check in the periodic table for the element with the proton number 10
Neon has the proton number 10
Now ,Neon and argon are unreactive? Yes! Are they in the same group? Yes!
So your answer is A
u can ask if u have any prob :)

Reaction score
This ques is already done above:) ill copy paste
Alright ..
lets take any element fron grp 0 according to student 2
eg : I take Argon , question says that Atom X (eg: Argon) has 8 more elctrons than Atom Y
The proton number of Argon is 18 which is equal to the number of electron
So, subtract 18-8=10 and check in the periodic table for the element with the proton number 10
Neon has the proton number 10
Now ,Neon and argon are unreactive? Yes! Are they in the same group? Yes!
So your answer is A
u can ask if u have any prob :)
Thank u for ur reply.. hmm I still dont get it :p We can take any atom ryt? Coz it doesn't say an atom from group 0! So if we take magnesium as atom X (proton no. 12) & Calcium as atom Y (12+8 = 20).. they are in different groups & also not unreactive..

Reaction score
Chemistry MCQ doubt:

Q: In some countries, ethanol, rather than petrol, is used as a fuel for cars. Which gas is not present in the exhaust from cars that burn ethanol?

A Carbon dioxide
B Nitrogen
C Oxides of nitrogen
D Sulphur dioxide