• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your LUMS admission decisions here.

Reaction score
the
:-(...cant swim in a pond:p:p....wish they had a pool....heard they were planning to build one in 2007:p
they were planing that in 2007... but then thy decided to start SSE... so apparently due to lack of funds no pool..!
the people from other school blame the students of sse for there being no pools in lums...

Reaction score
i actually went for two years in a row....the perks of having ur brother study at lums! :)
I swear :p I'm the oldest so yeah. If I go, then my brother and cousins will be able to come for events and such :p

Reaction score
HAS anyone said that they want on campus accomodation? I have ABSOLUTELY no clue of what to expect and have tried finding some pictures online but fail to get a glimpse of the type of accommodation. I am supposing that the guys and girls will have separate hostels and they're going to be pretty strict otherwise too.

Reaction score
HAS anyone said that they want on campus accomodation? I have ABSOLUTELY no clue of what to expect and have tried finding some pictures online but fail to get a glimpse of the type of accommodation. I am supposing that the guys and girls will have separate hostels and they're going to be pretty strict otherwise too.
They're on opposite ends of the campus :p Guys aren't allowed in the girls hostel and vice versa. You're right, there aren't many pictures, but that link you posted had two or three. Once we get our decisions I can ask some relatives who studied from there about the accommodation. I do know that each room will have two people and we can't choose our room-mates for the first year, but after that we're allowed. And the usual rules apply: no drinking, no drugs, no fire-arms (as if people there don't smoke weed :p ).

IA you'll go and me too :p
u applied to which school?

IA :D SSE. Hoping to study Chemistry (and avoid giving NUST and Aga Khan's entrance exams :3 ) What about you?

Reaction score
They're on opposite ends of the campus :p Guys aren't allowed in the girls hostel and vice versa. You're right, there aren't many pictures, but that link you posted had two or three. Once we get our decisions I can ask some relatives who studied from there about the accommodation. I do know that each room will have two people and we can't choose our room-mates for the first year, but after that we're allowed. And the usual rules apply: no drinking, no drugs, no fire-arms (as if people there don't smoke weed :p ).

IA :D SSE. Hoping to study Chemistry (and avoid giving NUST and Aga Khan's entrance exams :3 ) What about you?
That's wack. I've heard of people hooking up and stuff, wonder how many people abide by their rules of the no guy/girl rule. If you find some more pictures of any rooms, lemme know. I bet the girls get nicer places than the guys though :p

Reaction score
That's wack. I've heard of people hooking up and stuff, wonder how many people abide by their rules of the no guy/girl rule. If you find some more pictures of any rooms, lemme know. I bet the girls get nicer places than the guys though :p
Which hooking up do you mean? :p Like the kissing-hooking-up or the Grey's-Anatomy-hooking-up? I guess on campus they can only manage the former, off-campus, the latter. HELL NO. Can you imagine having to share a bathroom with crazy girls? I'm already dreading the thought of it. Most girls wake up at like 6 in the morning just so they can straighten their hair and put on make-up and all that junk. I take 20 minutes and it'll be a nightmare finding an empty bathroom in the morning. I'm already dreading it :|

Reaction score
Which hooking up do you mean? :p Like the kissing-hooking-up or the Grey's-Anatomy-hooking-up? I guess on campus they can only manage the former, off-campus, the latter. HELL NO. Can you imagine having to share a bathroom with crazy girls? I'm already dreading the thought of it. Most girls wake up at like 6 in the morning just so they can straighten their hair and put on make-up and all that junk. I take 20 minutes and it'll be a nightmare finding an empty bathroom in the morning. I'm already dreading it :|
Guys are much quicker at all that but have the potential to be messier. By hooking up, I mean greys anatomy, home run, hubba hubba, any other acceptable colloquial term you prefer. Wese where I am right now, people get up to crazy stuff and its just high school but LUMS doesn't seem very (rebel,party time scene). It has a refined and thouroughly cultured look to it. Not trashy basically, even with on campus accomodation mailas chilling everywhere

Reaction score

i too applied to SSE.. with major preference biology....! i can very much sympathise with u about trying to avoid giving aga khan and nust entrance tests... the lums one had me reeling!
but i will probably give aga khan's... as i still cant decide whether to go to lums or pursue medical!!
wish lums waly would give the result already!!!

Reaction score
Guys are much quicker at all that but have the potential to be messier. By hooking up, I mean greys anatomy, home run, hubba hubba, any other acceptable colloquial term you prefer. Wese where I am right now, people get up to crazy stuff and its just high school but LUMS doesn't seem very (rebel,party time scene). It has a refined and thouroughly cultured look to it. Not trashy basically, even with on campus accomodation mailas chilling everywhere
Ahh, definitely man. Hotay hongae. I don't think it's VERY open. Everyone tells me that it's like my school. We have openness, like girls and guys hang out and all, people have bf's and gf's, they'll sit together, but it's not insane. Like no kissing (as far as I know) on campus. Off campus is another thing.
And I found this blog http://onwriting286.wordpress.com/2011/02/07/lums-through-the-lens/ which is a girl's :p I'm assuming the rooms will be the same so we can get an idea from it.

Reaction score

on contrary where ive never heard of three boys sharing room, ive seen three girls been given same room!
but overall the rooms are same for both i guess.. there are coolers in the balconies on each floor while the common room on each floor is air conditioned and you're allowed to keep matresses there during summers....

Reaction score
i too applied to SSE.. with major preference biology....! i can very much sympathise with u about trying to avoid giving aga khan and nust entrance tests... the lums one had me reeling!
but i will probably give aga khan's... as i still cant decide whether to go to lums or pursue medical!!
wish lums waly would give the result already!!!
Sister :D :D I swear, it was lethal :| I don't want to pursue medical. My mom's a doctor so I know how hard it is. Pehlay you could get away with just being a medical officer, but now there are people who do double-specialization. It's a nightmare.

Reaction score
Sister :D:D I swear, it was lethal :| I don't want to pursue medical. My mom's a doctor so I know how hard it is. Pehlay you could get away with just being a medical officer, but now there are people who do double-specialization. It's a nightmare.
i know my father's a doctor too...! but its always intrigued me discussing cases with him and stuff..... plus after a BS frm lums in say biology the most probable option is to pursue a phd or masters.. arent many job opps there... but a the end of the day LUMS is LUMS! (sighs)

Reaction score
i know my father's a doctor too...! but its always intrigued me discussing cases with him and stuff..... plus after a BS frm lums in say biology the most probable option is to pursue a phd or masters.. arent many job opps there... but a the end of the day LUMS is LUMS! (sighs)
I know what you mean. People say the same to me about Chemistry. But the way I see it, we get more choice :p I think that even with Bio you can get all kinds of jobs.
I swear. I've always wanted LUMS since I was like 8 or 9.

Reaction score
I know what you mean. People say the same to me about Chemistry. But the way I see it, we get more choice :p I think that even with Bio you can get all kinds of jobs.
I swear. I've always wanted LUMS since I was like 8 or 9.

yeah i guess youre right...
ive wanted to go there since my teens when my brother started there..!