• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Ramadan - The Month of Awesomeness!

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
I'm new to Islam; I reverted only 3 weeks ago. I'm very excited about Ramadan, but today I accidentally woke up late. Someone told me that I can't fast if I haven't eaten or prayed fajr at the right time. Should I fast or not?
-----------------------------------------------------​

Praise be to Allaah.

First of all we are happy to hear that Allaah has guided you to Islam, and we ask Allaah to help you to do that which He loves and which pleases Him.
Secondly, if a Muslim sleeps and misses a prayer, and does not wake up until after the time for that prayer is over, then he should not ignore it, rather he should offer the prayer whenever he wakes up. And there is no sin on him for that, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever forgets a prayer or sleeps and misses it, let him offer it as soon as he remembers, for there is no expiation apart from that.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 597; Muslim, 684.
In response to your question:
What was said to you is not correct; you have to complete your fast on that day.
If a Muslim does not eat suhoor or does not wake up for Fajr, this is not counted as a reason for him not to fast.
So you have to continue your fast. If you broke your fast, thinking that you did not have to fast, when Ramadaan is over you have to fast another day to make up for it.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/37943

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score

*I think he accidentially misquotes a part of hadith about 3 ameens.... not sure but the version I read, Laylatul Qadr is not part of this Hadith instead its about sending blesinggs on Prophet (S.A.W) (the correct narration is by Ibn Hibbaan, 3/188; classed as saheeh by al-Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1679.)
It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (PBUH) said:
If you are mentioned in a person’s presence and he does not send blessings upon you and he dies, he will enter Hell and Allaah will cast him far away. Say Ameen

Otherwise, an awesom reminder from sh. Yasir.. may Allah forgive us and him.... Aameen.

Reaction score
Mashallah..thanks alot for sharing all of u
may we all be showered wi blessings during thx great month (ameen)

Reaction score
At what age does Taraweeh become obligatory as in does it become obligatory with the fasting?

Reaction score
ramadan_650.jpg

10 THINGS TO DO THIS RAMADAN

What better month to get right and help people than the holy month of Ramadan? As troubled Arabs that have some sort of identity crisis, we’ve been drifting further from God each passing day. Well, this month is the month of forgiveness and the only month you can actually get yourself back on track with minimum effort. Here are 10 simple things to try for a better you and a better society:

1.Talk to God: instead of BBMing our friends for at least 6 hours a day, let’s talk to God for 10 minutes a day. It could be in the form of praying or just plain and simple talk, try it you'll feel relieved. In the end, there’s no better listener and word won’t get out.

2.Help someone: anyone. A lot of people around us need help. Whether it’s the blind man crossing the street, the old lady carrying her groceries, your mum loaded with house work, or even a poor man asking for money; always lend someone a hand, you never know when you’ll need one.

3.Share: sharing isn’t just for Facebook. Share your food with your neighbor, your car with someone who needs a ride, your time at a shelter, or even your old clothes with the less fortunate. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure, keep that in mind.

4.Read: I know the book of God isn’t exactly “Eat, Pray, Love” but if you read 4 pages after each sala, by the end of Ramadan you would’ve read the whole book. Remember, what's more important than reading the Quraan, is understanding it and taking interest in what it says.

5.Smile: spread love, you never know who could be breaking down and waiting for you to cheer them up. A simple smile to someone you don't necessarily know (and I'm not encouraging flirtatious, hair-flipping smiles at the hot boy at the gym) will uplift their mood almost instantly.

6.Be useful: donations don't have to be just money. You can donate your time at a shelter or an orphanage to help teach less fortunate kids something useful. There must be at least one subject you’re good at that you can pass on to someone else. You can also help plant fruitful trees in your neighborhood, hand out ice-water bottles to traffic police, paint a discolored wall in your area, or compliment the garbage collector on how important his job is.

7.Feed someone: carry dates in your bag and hand them out at Eftar time. On a much bigger scale, help cook meals and pack food bags to be sent to poor villages in your area. It’s great to feed someone in Ramadan, but it’s 10 times greater if you do that all year long.

8.Keep your mouth shut: That kind of applies all year round. If you have something nice to say about someone say it, if you don't be quiet.

9.Hold your horses: easy on the F-word. Not just because Eftar time came and you’ve broken your fast means you’ll be swearing at every person you see till the next morning. Words are very powerful, use them correctly.

10.Share this article :or any article that helps people understand that good behavior is just a gesture away and should be all year round rather than 1/12th of a year.
Think outside the box, help people, talk to God, and just create an over-all better life for those who surround you. At the end of the day, what goes around comes back around.

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
At what age does Taraweeh become obligatory as in does it become obligatory with the fasting?
Taraweeh is NOT obligatory... it is a HIGHLY rewarding vouluntary prayer....

al-Tirmidhi (806) narrated that Abu Dharr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever prays qiyaam – i.e., Taraweeh – with the imam until he finishes, it will be recorded as if he spent the whole night in prayer.”
Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.
al-Bukhaari (1129) and Muslim (761) narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed one night in the mosque, and the people followed him in prayer. Then he prayed the next night, and many people came. Then they gathered on the third or fourth night, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not come out to them. The next morning he said: “I saw what you did, and nothing kept me from coming out to you except the fact that I feared that it would be made obligatory for you.” And that was in Ramadaan.

This indicates that praying Taraweeh in congregation is prescribed according to the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), but he refrained from doing it because he feared that it would be made obligatory for the ummah.

Reaction score
┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌ ┌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌ ┌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌ ┌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌▌┌┌▌▌┌┌┌┌▌┌ ┌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌▌▌┌┌┌▌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌▌▌ ┌┌▌▌▌┌┌▌▌▌┌┌▌▌┌┌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌▌▌▌┌┌▌▌┌▌▌┌┌┌┌▌▌ ┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌┌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌▌▌┌ ┌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌▌▌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌▌┌ ┌┌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌┌▌▌┌ ┌┌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌▌▌▌▌┌▌▌▌▌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌ ┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌ ┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌ ┌┌▌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌ ┌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌ ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌ ┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌ ┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌▌┌┌▌▌▌▌ ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌▌▌▌┌▌▌▌▌ ┌▌▌▌┌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌▌▌┌▌▌▌▌ ┌▌▌▌┌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌┌┌┌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌ ┌▌▌▌┌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌ ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌ ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌

Ramzan Mubarrak to All of You .May Allah Show His blessing and Mercy Upon u :D

Reaction score
Aoa wr wb wm....

Ramdhan Mubarik every one! :D
A suggestion :
This Ramdhan try to be a better Muslim than u've ever been :) (P.S this attachment is not exactly for Ramdhan but we can apply it in Ramdhan :) )
View attachment 13914
Walaikumassalam wr wb...

May Allah help us in doing more than what is written there...Aameen!

surely there is a really nice message in this picture but the eye in the down left corner reminds me of dajjal and scares me...

May Allah save us all from the fitnah of dajjal...Aameen!

Reaction score
"He has given us this blessed month to fill our emptiness, cure our loneliness, and end our soul’s poverty.

Don't let this Ramadan be just a holiday of rituals. Don't finish reading the Quran without it transforming you.

Don't reduce this downpour of mercy to just a month of sweets and lavish iftars. Seek Him, you will find.

This month, take a sincere step towards change, transformation, redemption. If you do, you will find Him in front of you.

Don't feed your body suhoor, but starve your soul of Qiyam."

~Yasmin Mogahed

Reaction score
Prophet Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him, said:
"When one of you is fasting, he should abstain from indecent acts and unnecessary talk, and if someone begins an obscene conversation or tries to pick an argument, he should simply tell him, 'I am fasting.'"

(Sahih Al-Bukhari)
555049_405448292844794_1461863013_n.jpg