• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Reaction score
Hello all!
I have been part of the Xtremepapers community since 2012... you have all been a great inspiration for me!
I always wondered how all of you study, and how you organise your time and don't get distracted. This question is specifically directed to My Name :)
Regards
Akshajistari

Reaction score
Hello all!
I have been part of the Xtremepapers community since 2012... you have all been a great inspiration for me!
I always wondered how all of you study, and how you organise your time and don't get distracted. This question is specifically directed to My Name :)
Regards
Akshajistari
Too sleepy at the moment but will answer this question as soon as possible.
FYI I am not the nerdy type at all. :p

Reaction score
Is it considered bad to be nerdy? o_O:)
I do not consider it bad.As long as the person does other things with studies.
Anyways..
So yeah how I study,is a good question with a confusing and probably not so helpful answer. :p

I always wondered how all of you study,
I attend all the classes.Make notes when I have to.
Before a test I learn from those notes,or from the text book when I dont have neat notes.If I get time solve past papers try to clear my doubts.I guess that is about it.

and how you organise your time
I write down what I have to do on a piece of paper.I would firstly study for the test if i have any,then move onto the homework worksheets and stuff.

and don't get distracted.
I get distracted all the time.Although I know that is not at all good. :( Khairz anyway what I try to do is make a deal with myself.
For example,I tell myself first I will finish up Dynamics in teh afternoon and then log in on XPC or check out other things on the net.

This question is specifically directed to My Name:)
Hehe why :p
Midnight dream
mistique_bee
FranticAmaze
sj0007
How do you people study?

Reaction score
Anyways..
So yeah how I study,is a good question with a confusing and probably not so helpful answer. :p

Before a test I learn from those notes,or from the text book when I dont have neat notes.If I get time solve past papers try to clear my doubts.I guess that is about it.

I write down what I have to do on a piece of paper.I would firstly study for the test if i have any,then move onto the homework worksheets and stuff.

I get distracted all the time.Although I know that is not at all good. :( Khairz anyway what I try to do is make a deal with myself.
For example,I tell myself first I will finish up Dynamics in teh afternoon and then log in on XPC or check out other things on the net.

Midnight dream
mistique_bee
FranticAmaze
sj0007
How do you people study?
Thank you! Idk why but I felt like you had some superhuman ability to not waste your time XD
I would love to have an answer from the rest too! It should be very helpful :)
Don't worry your answer was actually really good. Btw what subjects do you do? I do Physics,Chem and Bio as well as History(only up to AS though, which I will write with the rest of my A2 papers in May 2016).

Reaction score
Thank you! Idk why but I felt like you had some superhuman ability to not waste your time XD
I would love to have an answer from the rest too! It should be very helpful :)
Don't worry your answer was actually really good. Btw what subjects do you do? I do Physics,Chem and Bio as well as History(only up to AS though, which I will write with the rest of my A2 papers in May 2016).
No! Not at all. :p Unfortunately. :/
In sha Allah it will be.
I also have Chemistry,Biology and Physics.

Reaction score
Anyways..

Midnight dream
mistique_bee
FranticAmaze
sj0007
How do you people study?
First of all, it isnt bad to be considered nerdy as long as u don't solely base UR life on studies :D
Hmmmm MN that's a ahem ahem very good question...........
Let's see I never really thought of how I study but I guess I will tell u what I do :p
How I study: I do attend most of the classes, make notes (only chem) and practice classified questions of topics that I feel I have to
How I organize moi time: I make a to do list that I have to complete in a span of one week, so I do stuff according to my mood and well cross the stuff that I finished......... I don't have specific hours of studying..... I study till I finish the task that I have in my mind :D
Ughhhhh how can a person not get distracted??????? I get distracted loads of times....... Yup I do that too, when I feel I have done enough I go for a break in which I either watch some episodes of different series or check out stuff on the net
Ummmm I guess that's how I study :D

Reaction score
“Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself.

Being too nerdy is kinda weird actullay xD so have a balanced life :p

Reaction score
First of all, it isnt bad to be considered nerdy as long as u don't solely base UR life on studies :D
Hmmmm MN that's a ahem ahem very good question...........
Let's see I never really thought of how I study but I guess I will tell u what I do :p
How I study: I do attend most of the classes, make notes (only chem) and practice classified questions of topics that I feel I have to
How I organize moi time: I make a to do list that I have to complete in a span of one week, so I do stuff according to my mood and well cross the stuff that I finished......... I don't have specific hours of studying..... I study till I finish the task that I have in my mind :D
Ughhhhh how can a person not get distracted??????? I get distracted loads of times....... Yup I do that too, when I feel I have done enough I go for a break in which I either watch some episodes of different series or check out stuff on the net
Ummmm I guess that's how I study :D
Thank you, thank you :):)
I will try out the technique of studying till you finish a task (like you said). Timetable never work for me :D:p
Is there a reason for making notes for only Chemistry? In my case, notes never work:cry::cry: I always end up studying from the textbook in the end.

Reaction score
“Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself.

Being too nerdy is kinda weird actullay xD so have a balanced life :p
That's a very well balanced answer;)
It represents the issue at hand too!
That question popped up in my mind randomly, since it is one of the most common insults I've seen being thrown around all through middle and high school :cautious:
I admit, I've been called that many times...but I believe its more due to my wearing glasses :LOL::LOL:

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you :):)
I will try out the technique of studying till you finish a task (like you said). Timetable never work for me :D:p
Is there a reason for making notes for only Chemistry? In my case, notes never work:cry::cry: I always end up studying from the textbook in the end.
Welcome welcome :)
Sure do and tell me whether u were successful or not :D
Oh umm yeah there actually is........ I take phy, chemistry and maths
So I don't want to make notes for phy, maths is just practice and since chem hs alot of syl, I make notes for end revision :D
Lol...... (y)

All the best for ur studies!
Alevels?

Reaction score
Welcome welcome :)
Sure do and tell me whether u were successful or not :D
Oh umm yeah there actually is........ I take phy, chemistry and maths
So I don't want to make notes for phy, maths is just practice and since chem hs alot of syl, I make notes for end revision :D
Lol...... (y)

All the best for ur studies!
Alevels?
Yep! May/June 2016 :eek::)

Reaction score
Hello all!
Regards
Akshajistari
Study from the book and make sure you UNDERSTAND it.
It won't even feel like memorisation after a while.
Just stuff you know like you know ur hands are called hands, feet are feet, etc.