• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Why Islamic Studies?

Reaction score
TheNepaliWarior I think all the replies above are enough to prove you wrong and convince you, and if not then you will be, at THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT. So better admit the truth.:)

Reaction score
I dont understand why you need to feel offended. Like I mention in my original post, I am not trying to offend any Muslims in any way whatsoever. I am merely saying that IGCSE Pakistani Studies is not necesarily instilling students with values that are considered "moral" today.
Man you said in your original post that Islam is this.....islam is that.....That was the reason we were offended. YOU were attacking our faith. And please go and correct your information, Pakistan Studies does not have any religion related stuff, its just plain history of Pakistan and its geography. We study Islamiyat and believe me you should stop watching all those videos on youtube and get yourself a book or something. As for your posts of Quranic ayats, you should read a tafsir that will give you clearer picture about the teaching in that verse :)

Reaction score
its what my Lord says and if he would have said that women is inferior to dogs i would have just admitted that
No, its sad to see you, even as a woman, firmly believing that you are inferior to men. You ignorance is what is disturbing..
Oh my God, women are in no way inferior to men and Islam supports this. Its just the fact that both genders have different roles. For example men do all the labour stuff while women do all the household stuff but if a woman wants to do a job, she can. In most of the islamic countries (including Saudi Arabia) there are women who are bankers, shopkeepers, receptionist, doctors, engineers, scholars etc. But it is desirable for a women to do household chores while men do the outside roles.
I think badrobot14 can elaborate this point in a better manner.
Correct me if i am wrong.

Reaction score
No, its sad to see you, even as a woman, firmly believing that you are inferior to men. You ignorance is what is disturbing..
TheNepaliWarior
U r being soo pathetic, if u wanted a so called "friendly conversation" then learn to respect others opinions' before slamming them and being arrogant abt ur "info". If u were actually 100% sure with ur so called "truth" then why even come here in the first place? And fyi, in Islam both men and women are considered equal.

Islam regards women as spiritual and intellectual equals of men. For a Muslim the important issue is who can become closest to God and earn the greatest reward. The Qur’an answers:

"Whoever does deeds of righteousness, whether male or female, while being a believer – those will enter Paradise, and not the least injustice will be done to them."[4:124]

"For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for truthful men and women, for patient men and women, for humble men and women, for charitable men and women, for fasting men and women, for chaste men and women, and for men and women who remember God often – for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward."[33:35]

There is no difference between men and women as far as their relationship to God is concerned. Both are equal before God, and they are both accountable before Him. Women, like men, are commanded to worship God, and both are promised the same rewards and punishments according to their intention and conduct.

Economically, every man and woman is an independent legal entity. Both men and women have the right to own property, engage in business, and inherit from others. Both have the equal right to receive an education and enter into gainful employment. Seeking knowledge is an obligation upon every Muslim, and to prevent women from getting an education is contrary to the teachings of Islam.

However, one fact mentioned in the Qur’an and now recognized is that all things are created in pairs. Had there been a similar function for all, the creation of two counterparts would not have been necessary. To ignore inherent physical and psychological differences is surely unrealistic, but there is no reason to assume that one sex is superior to the other. The creation of male and female means a natural division of function, meaning distinct roles for each, which are both complementary and collaborative.

Thus, absolute equality between men and women in all matters is neither possible nor reasonable. But this does not mean bias in favor of men to the detriment of women. While some rulings may be seen to favor men, many others favor women. However, most Islamic rulings apply to men and women equally, and both are bound by their obligations towards one another. The main distinction between the two sexes is in the physical realm, based on the equitable principle of fair division of labor. Islam allots the more strenuous work to the man and makes him responsible for the maintenance of the family. It allots the work of managing the home and the upbringing and training of children to the woman, work which has the greatest importance in the task of building a healthy and prosperous society.

It is also true that sound administration within any organization requires a unified policy under a just executive. For this reason Islam expects the husband, as head of the household, to consult with his family and then have the final say in decisions concerning it. This degree of authority in no way means that the Creator prefers men over women but is simply the logical way of apportioning responsibilities in a household. Men and women are two equally important component parts of humanity, and the rights and responsibilities of both sexes in Islam are equitable and balanced in their totality. Although their obligations might differ in certain areas of life in accordance with basic physical and psychological differences, each one is equally accountable for his or her particular responsibilities.

Reaction score
A thorough and thought-provoking reply by badrobot14

TheNepaliWarior , Your major points have been addressed by my brothers and sisters in the replies above mine, I would like to add a few things.

First of all, although I respect your opinion, I urge you to think differently. Your views, I am sure are purely media based.

I would like you to register one thought in your mind: Will you allow the media to influence you and bias your opinion?

Cigarettes are highly advertised. à They never tell us the side effects/disadvantages of them. They don’t tell us that we could get lung cancer, carbon monoxide poisoning, respiratory problems etc. They only tell us what they want to tell us; what they want us to believe àCigarettes are fashionable, allow you to deal with stress..they are perfectly safe! [This example is off topic but necessary to explain my point]. People believe what they see on the t.v/newspapers/online etc but that’s just one side of the argument. They
do not know the other side and are to lazy to find it.

There have always been undercurrents, but after the attack on 9/11, Islam has always been highlighted in the media as a ‘terrorist’ religion that promotes ‘terrorism’.

Do you know what I think about that? I think these people need to go home and improve their vocabulary. At the very least, they should check up the word ‘terrorist’ in the Oxford dictionary or any other dictionary before using it.

A ‘terrorist’ is a person who uses violence for political purposes.

Violence is NOT tolerated in our Islam.

In today’s day and time, there are many hypocrites. I am sorry to say that these hypocrites exist in all populations, including Islam. They deface our religion and give other people wrong ideas on our beliefs. But I think you and I have enough sense not to judge a religion by a few mislead people. I don’t know what your religion is, so I will give the example of Christianity. If I see a drunk Christian, I will not say that all Christians are bad because they get drunk and cause havoc. I know there are good people and bad people. With the case of Islam..the media highlights the mislead people..creating a wrong image of our religion.

‘Suicide bombers’ à I feel sorry for these people. They are brainwashed and have the poorest knowledge of their religion.

If you remember, about 5 months ago, there was a suicide bomber who wreaked havoc in . As soon as it was established that he was not a Muslim, this news was very quickly bleached from the media, leaving behind no trace. As in the eyes of the media, a suicide bomber can only be a Muslim. A terrorist can only be a Muslim.
WW1, WW2, The Cold War..the list can go on..so many innocent lives were lost. Who killed them all? It certainly wasn’t Muslims! These people that took away innocent lives, they are the real terrorists.

I will say it again; violence is NOT tolerated in Islam. The act of hitting a woman is a high disgrace. The man who hits his wife, is not a man..his status in society is even lower than a dog’s. Hitting a woman for whatever reason is certainly NOT promoted in our religion.

Burqa/Hijab~ do you even know what it is? I could give you a two hour lecture on this point alone, but to simplify my point:
We (me and my fellow female sisters) are commanded to hide our beauty from non-mehrams. It is to protect us and our dignity. Those who choose to be ignorant will be respectively punished on The Day Of Judgement. I am sure I speak for all my sisters when I say that hijab is not a nuisance, it is an honor and a matter of self respect that we cover ourselves from peering eyes.

One other thing that you have mentioned, about Islam being a myth:
Do you know what a myth is? It is an untrue story or belief. I have no idea how you have associated Islam to be a ‘myth’.

Islam is a religion. It is ‘peace through the submission to God’. It is not a fantasy story.

We have rules and guidelines; we have the Quran, the hadith and the messengers/prophets to guide us. We are told what is right and what is wrong. What science has proved now, was told to us years ago.

I am sure you have seen the movie 2012. Science proves that ‘the end is coming’. In the Quran, we are told of this day and although we are not told when, signs are mentioned.

The difference between us believers and non-believers is that we do not need scientific proof to believe. We have faith in our creator, Allah and we believe because he has told us to believe.

The world is a community divided more by political reasons than by religious ones. “Dominance and power” is to blame, not religion.

Nowhere in the Quran does it say that it is ok to kill a Jew, or does it talk badly about other religions. It merely gives us examples of the mistakes that people before us made and the consequences they had to face. The Quran guides us on the correct path, showing us reality as it is.

I hope this thread will help you to distinguish between what has been wrongly portrayed and what actually exists. I hope we have all persuaded you into abandoning the opinions of the media and to do some research of your own, uncovering the real TRUTH.
Also, please make sure the ‘research’ you do is from correct, accounted sources. If you want to read the translated Quran, I’d suggest you go to the nearest mosque and ask the Imam to help you with the translation.

Reaction score
It seems many students are currently interested in Pakistan studies, particularly in its Islamic aspects. I would like to express some of my views regarding this with you all.

I feel Islam is a very regimented religion, forcing its followers to conform to strict guidelines on how to lead their own lives- every aspect of life is instructed in Islam without any proper logic but is rather based heavily on brainwashing and DOs and DON'Ts. FATWA, BURKHA, WIFE BEATING,KAFIR,INFIDELS,MADRASSA, JIHAD, BLASPHEMY, and MYTHS considered as truth etc; all these are the hallmarks of Islam. It's against freedom, free thinking and humanity. For example the killing of kafirs and infidels is promoted in Islam.
With that said, I would like to go on to say that I feel that ALL religions should cease to exist. We humans of this planet were made to live together in harmony, but instead are divided by RELIGION. There must only be 1 religion, and that is the religion of Humanity where everybody is able to choose freely their own way of life, without having to conform to a book for guidance or instructions.

"After all, life has no other meaning than what you give it"- TheNepaliWarrior, 2012, XtremePapersForum

EDIT: I am not a Muslim hater trying to incite hate against Islam. Islam promotes several good values as well and I am not denying that AT ALL. I am merely expressing my views concerning some aspects of Islam which are not appropriate for today's modern world. I would like to know what you think.

XPC Moderators, I would like you to express your view rather than trying to suppress this thread. Thanks.

Assalam o Alaikum brother,

before posting anything please get some sources...:)
first of all Islam is probably the most lineant religion i have ever searched about...
i have searched about many religions cuz i have always been interested in this topic
first of all pakistan studies is not cuz of islam its cuz one of our presidents
General Zia Ul Haq made a law that every student will have to study it..

then if you go through the islamic resources and all the points shared in it COMPLETELY and with the background also cleared to you i can assure you that you will ,atleast half, take your words back...:)

i dont intend to offend you but i am here to protect my religion..
there are many things in the world that are WRONGLY told across the globe,
you think that its always bombing and firing in Pakistan and Afghanistan...is it actually??
have you ever been there?? :)

so please ...:)
Peace..:)

May Allah Show you the right path and so it does to all other mankind...:)
Amin..:)

Reaction score
Dont be harsh on him guyz..Hes in the dark we hav to guide him peacefully otherwise we might be held accountable for it. He might say inappropriate stuff at this point but I think somehow his actions are justified.

TheNepaliWarior

just lyk sm1 else mentioned, it must've taken a great deal of courage to create this thread...good job (y)

DOs and DON'Ts. FATWA, BURKHA, WIFE BEATING,KAFIR,INFIDELS,MADRASSA, JIHAD, BLASPHEMY, and MYTHS

I see where ur cming frm..Like many others, ur psyche is evidently molded by the masquerade created by media which is supposedly presumed to represent the entire muslim community. Nowadays, when someone says the word 'muslim', everyone starts thinking of terrorism and extremism; we dont deserve this animosity!! You cant just lump us together with those animals of tainted beliefs.All of this ruckus ensued after the 911 event and we happened to be the scapegoat. However, that is a different story and I dnt want to dig up the history ryt now so lets cut to the chase..

Tell me: Have u personally spent time in an independent muslim society? How many committed muslims have u seen who are annoyed by the DOs and DON'Ts of their religion? How many devout muslim women have u come across who complain about their hijab? and wife beating?? While that is considered the last resort, nevertheless it was disliked by our Holy Prophet (SAW) himself. Besides, if the muslim family abides by the Islamic code of conduct, it is very unlikely for the situation to come to such an extremity in the first place. Plus, we all knw for a fact that muslim marriages 'last' much longer comparatively.

Now for the 'rights' that you talk about..Try questioning any female here about the rights she received in this society......or if ur that incited u might want to start a poll and I m sure 90% of them will not object. I think ur talking about those social movements in the western countries; women fighting for their 'rights', but they dont need them here in our societies because we alrdy treat them with respect and preserve their dignity.

Your previous posts indicate dat u have done a lot of research on these issues and thats a good thing. However, you will not get anywhere if you seek something with this kind of a biased motive. Judging from ur posts, Its like you 'want' to prove urself right. Aside from that, if theres any doubt, simply post it here and by all means we will help you.

O ye who believe! It is not lawful for you forcibly to inherit the women (of your deceased kinsmen), nor (that) ye should put constraint upon them that ye may take away a part of that which ye have given them, unless they be guilty of flagrant lewdness. But consort with them in kindness, for if ye hate them it may happen that ye hate a thing wherein Allah hath placed much good. (4:19) The Noble Quran

Narrated Mu'awiyah al-Qushayri: "I went to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and asked him: What do you say (command) about our wives? He replied: Give them food what you have for yourself, and clothe them by which you clothe yourself, and do not beat them, and do not revile them. (Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 11, Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Number 2139)"

When ye have divorced women, and they have reached their term, then retain them in kindness or release them in kindness. Retain them not to their hurt so that ye transgress (the limits). He who doeth that hath wronged his soul. Make not the revelations of Allah a laughing-stock (by your behaviour), but remember Allah's grace upon you and that which He hath revealed unto you of the Scripture and of wisdom, whereby He doth exhort you. Observe your duty to Allah and know that Allah is Aware of all things.

From the Prophet's Last Sermon...
O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have right over you. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and comitted helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to commit adultery.

And dont forget, its Allah's mercy that ur reading this...I pray for you so that you may enter the folds of Islam before it is too late.

Reaction score
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb...
first of all i would like to say to all Muslims that please relax...i agree that there are things which are against Islam but this doesn't mean that you become angry and talk harshly to him..i don't wanna take anyone's name, cuz my basic aim is not to insult anyone but some members here are harsh, they should accept it! Islam does NOT teach us to behave like this to Non-Muslims/human beings..

try reading your posts and then his, you will see that THOUGH he is against Islam, he is NOT being rude UNLESS you provoke him to do so! Moreover, may be, today your attitude is the reason behind his acceptance of Islam :unsure: (Inshallah)

TheNepaliWarior
Hi :)
through these posts i have noticed that the main point of argument is women being inferior to men. Well, in Islam...both have equal rights, they have a different role in society and therefore are regarded as 2 wheels of the car/chariot...they are incomplete without each other!

Secondly, about the existance of Allah s.w.t....i would say that, whatever thing you see around you, it has a creator, a person who made it....for instance take an example of a radio....it was invented by marconi..it did not exist on it's own! same like that when you see this world, how can you say that it's going on it's own? there is no creater behind it? obviously there is... right! :)

TheNepaliWarior

I tried my best to give you a short reply...and it's my request do read it! Hope it can convince you :)
any doubt left? you are free to ask :)

May Allah guide you, and us all to the straight path...Aameen

Reaction score
Oh my God, women are in no way inferior to men and Islam supports this. Its just the fact that both genders have different roles. For example men do all the labour stuff while women do all the household stuff but if a woman wants to do a job, she can. In most of the islamic countries (including Saudi Arabia) there are women who are bankers, shopkeepers, receptionist, doctors, engineers, scholars etc. But it is desirable for a women to do household chores while men do the outside roles.
I think badrobot14 can elaborate this point in a better manner.
Correct me if i am wrong.

women are inferior to men in a way like they can't stand shoulder to shoulder with men.... men have a better mind than women nd just tell me how many women scientists are there?? yeah they are not a piece of trade./... but they arent equal to men either....

regular user

<Awesome User>
Reaction score
its what my Lord says and if he would have said that women is inferior to dogs i would have just admitted that

I love this reply..!!! may Allah bless your eeman even more and accept you as muhsineen!!! Aameen.
Although we know no one is inferior in the sight of Allah, but even if it were so; the blessings of our lord on us are far too many for us to even dare complain... Love Allah. :love:
No matter if I can't understand a command of Allah, as he is the most wise, the loving(Al-wadood) so I just make sure the command is from Allah... if it's proven that it is His command I do it, no questions asked... my wisdom is limited, I can maybe make a car, my lord on the other hand made the universe... there is no comparison! (plus my thinking ability/wisdom is owned by my creator)

"And if We had decreed upon them, "Kill yourselves" or "Leave your homes," they would not have done it, except for a few of them. But if they had done what they were instructed, it would have been better for them and a firmer position [for them in faith]." (4:66)

Reaction score
That's because your a 'loser'. You can't understand anything. You failed to understand whatever people told you here before. And you know the best part, you skip all the contents which proves you wrong.
Hey thanks for caring 'loser' but I m good the way I m. But you seriously need a doctor before you blow you head off.
LOSER!
Salman Bhai salaam :) dont u think u r talking to him a bit too rudely......this not the way Islam teaches us......So....i hope u got maa point here :)

Reaction score
women are inferior to men in a way like they can't stand shoulder to shoulder with men.... men have a better mind than women nd just tell me how many women scientists are there?? yeah they are not a piece of trade./... but they arent equal to men either....
have you lost mind.. how can u say so..!! Its in Hadees that women in general will enter Heaven before men.. look at who got the most prestigious Position in World,,.Mother or father.>!! /? beneath whose feet Prophet(S.A.W) said is heaven..mother or father.., whome births did Prophet (S.A.W) said is a blessing for family..sons or daughters...You don't have to go to Masjids to Pray.. u don't have to go for Friday or Eid prayer.,,!!

Reaction score
In the sight of Allah, all are equal but both have different roles in the society and i think "U stalking ME" and others have given a pretty good reply about women in islam. We also know in Islam mothers have a very high position. Both have same intellectual abilities but as i said earlier they have different roles. And regarding your point of women scientist, let me tell you the first person to win 2 noble prizes was a woman, Marie Curie and you know who teaches to children till primary level, mostly female teachers.
Hope you got my point.

Reaction score

Before Islam, Women were treated as nothing but slaves. Islam is the religion which has given us women equality with men. Women DO have a high status in Islam! Hazrat Khadijah was the Prophet (SAW)'s first wife and the FIRST person to convert to Islam. The Prophet loved her and RESPECTED her very much. "The noblest of the women in the world are Hazrat Maryam and Hazrat Khadijah." (Imam Bukhari and Imam Muslim). Hazrat Aisha was the Prophet (SAW)'s third wife and is one of the greatest scholars and the greatest source of Hadith literature.
"The most perfect in faith amongst believers is he who is best in manners and kindest to his wife.
Mothers in Islam have a very high position. Islam commands us to be kind, respect and obey our parents especially our MOTHERS. The status of parents in Islam is greater than any other religion.
"Worship God and join not any partners with Him; and be kind to your parents..." [Noble Quran 4:36]
Mothers have more rights than fathers do because of the pain they would have to go through to give birth to a child and without them, no child can be born. "Do good to and serve your mother, then your mother, then your mother, then your father, then the near relatives and then those who come after them."[Mazhari]
AND
Paradise lies at the feet of your mother' [Musnad Ahmad, Sunan An-Nasâ’i, Sunan Ibn Mâjah]

Read this article please:
http://www.islamswomen.com/articles/women_in_islam.php
and this:
http://islam-center.net/en/

Reaction score