• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*~*~♦ тнᴇ αят ᴏƒ ɢяᴏᴏмɪɴɢ уᴏυя ѕᴏυʟѕ ♦~*~*

Reaction score
"O children of Adam, take your adornment at every masjid, and eat and drink, but be not excessive. Indeed, He likes not those who commit excess." (7:31)

181193_416974468353868_905475033_n.jpg

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
An awesome speech by Yvonne Ridley, christian journalist convert to Islam....

THIS IS BEYOND AWESOMEE!! So cool! Alhamdulillah...! may Allah reward you and bless you immensely for this.. Aameen.
Loved the part about dilution of Islam! and thumbs up for her rant against that guy of Al-Azhar.. seriously in some issues even m amazed how some ppl go completely against CLEAR ahadith and judgement of our scholars of past... despite their fame...

Selmaa you should read this... you will like it, I think.
AlphaCentauri as you like reading, you MUST read this one...
SalmanPakRocks and Safa M. Ahmed you might like it.... not sure....
@ others who are reglar at this thread, I didn't tag you.. sorry.. but do read this.

Reaction score
THIS IS BEYOND AWESOMEE!! So cool! Alhamdulillah...! may Allah reward you and bless you immensely for this.. Aameen.
Loved the part about dilution of Islam! and thumbs up for her rant against that guy of Al-Azhar.. seriously in some issues even m amazed how some ppl go completely against CLEAR ahadith and judgement of our scholars of past... despite their fame...

@ others who are reglar at this thread, I didn't tag you.. sorry.. but do read this.

Aameen!!!
I too seriously loved how she chewed out the Al Azhar guys... they are very annoying...Senior clerics too which is actually so sad.. they even went to the extent by saying niqaab is not a symbol of Islam and is not recognized.when france banned it... Instead of supporting the muslims they were all for the French govt...
Agree whether it is waajib or not is debatable but clearly Niqaab is recognized by the Sunnah...

Reaction score

I read. And understood why you asked me to. Khair, thank you. Jihad and secularism are highly debated. I'll research them more after exams iA.

regular user

<Awesome User>
Reaction score
If customs and traditions are contrary to Islam, it is not permissible to follow them. That includes preventing a younger daughter from getting married until the older daughter is married, because that is unfair to the younger daughter, in addition to what may result from that of problems and corruption, as the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “If there comes to you one whose religious commitment and attitude pleases you, then marry [your female relative who is under your care] to him, for if you do not do that, there will be tribulation on earth and much corruption.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 1967; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan Ibn Maajah.

Reaction score
I read. And understood why you asked me to. Khair, thank you. Jihad and secularism are highly debated. I'll research them more after exams iA.

I know i should have put this up before the article but I suppose its never too late... This video might clarify why she takes up such a stand for jihaad.. Although I neither support them ....but I also do agree Terrorism is not from Islam...
But this story of hers is pretty intriguing...

Reaction score
I know i should have put this up before the article but I suppose its never too late... This video might clarify why she takes up such a stand for jihaad.. Although I neither support them ....but I also do agree Terrorism is not from Islam...
But this story of hers is pretty intriguing...
haven't heard the whole thing yet, but the little that i did is well, as you said, totally intriguing.....inspirational, and something mere words can't encompass <3<3

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score

It wasn't just about jihad vs secularism... it was about that thing, how you could feel the way she wrote.. that she felt for our muslim brothers and sisters... like Iqbal once wrote about tawheed what meant "What used to be something that burned inside the hearts of men, has now turned into something of abstract, philosophical debate."
and we were discussing Islam vs secularism... those who try to secularise Islam.. limit it... they try to tone it down.. while if you study Islam you find we already have perfect laws for everything.. just need to implement them.. Even the laws of war and dealing with POWs etc. if some1 explained that to u and u compared it with treatment of POWs now... you'll respect the deen of Allah!

(P.S. the thing is, jihad is a bit complex topic as it has been hijacked by certain groups... like there are ppl attributing 'suicide bombing' to Islam.. Seriously? Suicide is HARAM not to mention killing innocent ppl is a big no-no)

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
"And if you are in doubt concerning what we have revealed unto Our Slave (Muhammad) then produce a Surah like it and call upon your helpers besides Allah if you are truthful. And if you cannot do it-and most certainly you will never be able to do it, then guard yourselves against the Fire prepared for the disbelievers, whose fuel is of men and stones."

(Surah Al-Baqarah, ayah 23-24)

Reaction score
It wasn't just about jihad vs secularism... it was about that thing, how you could feel the way she wrote.. that she felt for our muslim brothers and sisters... like Iqbal once wrote about tawheed what meant "What used to be something that burned inside the hearts of men, has now turned into something of abstract, philosophical debate."
and we were discussing Islam vs secularism... those who try to secularise Islam.. limit it... they try to tone it down.. while if you study Islam you find we already have perfect laws for everything.. just need to implement them.. Even the laws of war and dealing with POWs etc. if some1 explained that to u and u compared it with treatment of POWs now... you'll respect the deen of Allah!

(P.S. the thing is, jihad is a bit complex topic as it has been hijacked by certain groups... like there are ppl attributing 'suicide bombing' to Islam.. Seriously? Suicide is HARAM not to mention killing innocent ppl is a big no-no)

Uh? And who told you I don't respect my deen? Just because I vouch for tolerance?

I will see the video later, and tell you my views later. For now, excuse me.

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Uh? And who told you I don't respect my deen? Just because I vouch for tolerance?

I will see the video later, and tell you my views later. For now, excuse me.

Sorry if it came across that way, I never meant to say you don't respect your deen.... and tolerance is a vague term.. I'm tolerant in many issues.. but if someone in the name of tolerance starts picking and choosing what to take from Quran and what not, then I think that is wrong... because it is one of the things Allah calls out bani Israel for, "...So do you believe in part of the Scripture and disbelieve in part?..." (2:85)

Allah knows best...
may Allah help us in our Exams.. Aameen.

Reaction score
Sorry if it came across that way, I never meant to say you don't respect your deen.... and tolerance is a vague term.. I'm tolerant in many issues.. but if someone in the name of tolerance starts picking and choosing what to take from Quran and what not, then I think that is wrong... because it is one of the things Allah calls out bani Israel for, "...So do you believe in part of the Scripture and disbelieve in part?..." (2:85)

Allah knows best...
may Allah help us in our Exams.. Aameen.

“God does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes – from dealing kindly and justly with them. Indeed, God loves those who act justly. God only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion – (forbids) that you make allies of them. And whoever makes allies of them, then it is those who are the wrongdoers.” (Quran 60:8-9)

Where is my stance wrong here? And I haven't even said anything clear yet. Why are you...?
Sorry, but I really don't appreciate anyone passing judgements especially when I said nothing. I will explain to you what I mean by 'secularism' and until then, I hope there will be no preformed judgements. Don't want to get into a long endless debate here. I have some duties towards my real life too.