• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Make life happier n easier! - 1 week trial

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
minato112 said:
Alhamdulillah Gud Thought :)

I wanna be in 2, but is it 2 late?

nope.. it's never too late, as long as we are alive, to start a good deed!
I think we are continuing this week too, inshaAllah!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
assalamoalaikum!!

@badrobot14 true that!

minato u r most welcome to join...and others who all are willing to join are more than welcome to join whenever they want!
@minato...Jazak Allah Khair!....May Allah bless you, reward u and help u....Aameen!

Reaction score
badrobot14 said:
Read the first line of that post again.. it's NOT MY piece of writing.. it has been written by one of my fav writers, Sadaf Farooqi.. may Allah reward her. I didn't link to the article since it was about something else and this was the part that caught my attention...
If you talk abou me I think I'am maybe 10 years or more behind her.. :( Wallahu A'alam.
Aoa! :)
Just wanna say i checked out this writer and she is AMAZING - literally she writes so magically and conveys every word with so much understanding, her blog is definitely worth visiting! :) May Allaah bless her! Ameen!
Here's the link for anyone who would like to have it http://sadaffarooqi.com/
@Badrobot - JZK for mentioning her here! :)

Reaction score
rockincrew said:
TV....NET....PHONE...MUSIC...GAMES

Well I wont say all of you, but most of you, are addicted to all or one of those I mentioned.

And...''addicted''...as you are on them for hours and hours and hours a day...and when I say addicted, it means when stop it for a period of time you get withdrawl symptoms..."like what we studied in biology for Alcohol when someone gets addicted to it"...

Anyway...dont say, NO we aren't addicted and we wont get addicted...it is just to pass up time...in that case you aren't realizing your self...

If I tell you not use any of those for week..then...what will you do...you will keep screaming "I am Bored"...yes your bored...you have lost the way of how to be creative and utilize your free time...

For me...unfortunatly I am addicted to Phone...and kinda to net...but alhamdulilah not TV or Music or Games...

Now for like three days my phone isn't working and I so unstable mentally,I feel annoyed so annoyed...that was the first day...now in second day better but still...for third day I am even better...I am now on forth day and I made up my mind not to be addicted to phone but talk when neccessary...and for short time...

About net...I will soon reduce my time on it InshaAllah...

Now...how about you people out there try to stop your addiction...and lets utilize our time...dont forget we will be asked "WHAT did you use your time for??"...I dont want to answer "Well talking, playing, chatting,...."...dont you think it will be embarressing...am I RIGHT

So don't put yourself in that situation and lets make our answer "reading Quran, Hadith, Helping people, Spread Islam, Studying for being a doctor so helping people in a better way in future, Studying for engineer...all good stuff you think of..."

Anyway I hope atleast one of you get benefit...and stop his unwanted addiction...

Btw...I mentioned some of the thing that can be addictable...there are even more..

Thanks For Reading..:)

Alsalam 3alekoum :)

a very nice article, i read it and i am embarrassed from myself :(
but getting addictive to something is very hard to stop it, unfortunately all my free time is to tv, net, phone, music, games, but there is a time that will come and came several times that i am reading hadeeth and quran, in a good way, i am spreading my time for all additives and for my religion, since we are giving cie exams, so i am not watching tv for a long time, or playing online games at all or listening to music too much or playing with phone, time for reading hadeeth and quran and very nice articles about Islam is when i am browsing xpf, it helped me in my religion more than in education.

there are some people which dont give time for Allah and Islam, all their time is for games and social life and phone and tv and all what u mentioned up there, these are the people which must work with ur article, but i dont mean that i shouldnt work with it, i am trying to give music and phone less time i can, i am very fond of games and thats not a bad thing btw, i like games cuz playing game is fun and cuz of social network, i made friendships and still will make more and having fun with these friends, read my topic "Online Games", viewtopic.php?f=23&t=12203 , you will find same what i am saying is also there.

that's all what i have to say and thank you for this article :)

R

rockincrew

Ur very welcome...

Hope Allah help u , me and all...in stopping bad habits

Reaction score
I think anything done regularly for a specific time creates ur interest in it, addiction isnt a proper word. If u stop doing something u like to, u'll obviously feel the craving for it. Watching tv,net,ph or any other thing until misused wont harm u. Stay in the world too. Dont misuse them, dont let them waste ur time. That's it.

Reaction score
i'm glad to be the first one welcoming you to xpf and to the 1 week challenge :)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalam-o-Alaikum!

Try any of these deeds to 'Make your life happier and easier'.
=> Waiting eagerly for the call to prayer;
=> Arriving at the mosque before the commencement of prayer (For boys);
=> Bearing no personal grudges against others;
=> Leaving alone other people's private affairs;
=> Being content with the basic necessities of life;
=> Studying the Qur'an (and if possible, the Sunnah);
=> Feeling concern for the pains of other Muslims.

Thankyou! (JazakAllah)

Reaction score
I tried
=> Forgiving others (the people i hated since childhood).
=> Studying Quran every morning after fajr. :)

Reaction score
I am rvel and a Muslim by birth. this is my opinion on some random religious matters. i don't mean to offend any one. its merely my opinion and i would really welcome your views on it.
this thought came into my mind. I see most of us following religon because we have inherited that particular faith. following our parents faith maybe due to peer pressure or just continuing with the faith by having lack of bothersome about the concept of religion in our lives. I think we don't bother ourselves much to discover and search for light and truth.

how can one say so authoritatively that my religion is the best without any errors and i m on the right path, rest our wrong.do you think one can preach religion with this kind of a dominating approach? in this way can you win the heart, mind and soul of a person? will your views be convincing to the other person regarding preaching of your religious ways?

your religion might be the best but do we really search and try to understand it to the depth so it glows the mind. we are practising the faith which we got by birth; but our mind might be always wondering and you may get zillions of questions regarding creation, social issues, life, death and any other spiritual matter.

How can you prove a person of a different faith that he is going astray by not directly offending him/her? how to prove him wrong by reason,logic and with a rational approach so it really strikes the human mind and then i think he/she will come himself to his respective religion and doesn't need to be told repetdelty to worship. the thirst and the driving force will be automaticly present i guess once he understands his religion to the fullest and his/her heart, mind body and soul will confess the presence of God. And then he/she will maybe in a better position to agree with the laws, principles,verses, stories and everything which is mentioned in one's holy book.

i mean everyone will say that my holy book is pure and is not corrupted. its a divine and true message.
although i am told by a religious scholar that Quran is not corrupted and you got some rules and scientific ways to test any religious book. just like one way is that you can see if any verse of that particular book conflicts with the other or not.

so the crux of my discussion is that Studying comparitive religion is very important in my view so to understand every faith. Only then i think your belief in any faith will be firm. You will be clear mind. then your heart would always feel like doing worship and you may become a proper practicing Muslim/Hindu/christian or whatever faith you choose.

I also wanted to emphasise on a point that we should focus on the common terms and the similarities in every religion so that we human beings come closer as there is a lot of stuff for hatred and separation but less binding energy in people. Qur'an 3:64-71 Surah Ale-'Imran (The Family of 'Imran)
Say: "O people of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
AOA!
You should just stop this 'questioning'. There is, of course, a place for 'Logical thinking' in Islam but not that you start doubting your own faith.
'To explore' is what the Quran says. So definitely you can read and know about other religions 'to clear your mind'. But are you sure that you've studied everything about yours!
For me (and I guess, for every true muslim), Islamic teachings are, by nature, a list of absolutes that need to be followed.
There was a lot of such debate in early Islam, but since everything's been worked out, there is nothing left to discuss.

Reaction score
Walekum Salaam,
there is always something left to discuss otherwise it means you have shut your brain and like to live confined or maybe you have invested a major part of ur life to comprehend religion. life is to explore and learn i guess. i m not a very researcher sort of a person so i posted my random thoughts here to see what further i can learn, that obviously is an easy way.

why should i stop the questioning. i need to sort my mind and be more clear. i am not doubting my faith , i believe what i have learned till now regarding Islam and i confess it but that doesn't stops me to think further and learn about other religions and compare things simultaneously.
no i haven't learn everything about mine religion but i want 2.
actually the purpose of the above post was to share my thoughts on people's preaching ways and i believe that if u try to get diversified knowledge then you might be in a better position to debate, discuss and have argument in the matter of religion...

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I totally respect your 'thinking'. But if you research a little about Islam, you will observe that even among the 'Sahaba', there were only few who were intellectuals. Most were mere followers. We, as normal muslims, should also follow what has been taught.

Quoting you,
we should focus on the common terms and the similarities in every religion so that we human beings come closer as there is a lot of stuff for hatred and separation but less binding energy in people.
I guess, the role of almost all religions is to make an individual a good person. Not a single religion tells you to hate someone and cause violence (separation).

Reaction score
Thank-you. yeah but don't follow everything blindly because that may arise confusion.it depends on a person to person thinking u know what issues of life concern him and what doesn't and how he gets convinced.
well Sahaba watched everything in front of them. they had the best teacher living with them......yeah every religion gives the msg of peace and love, its some humans ill nature to fight or spread violence due to their worldly life interests i guess...